Originally intended to be an ‘Undo Club’ – a group of people that dismantle items that reached their end of life as a community sociable activity, we soon realized that extending the life of the items we use is a much better choice of reuse.
We currently operate as a ‘middle man’ community group, that sorts and passes on our donated items into the correct circular loops, i.e. reuse, repair, recycling, upcycling. We close these loops by collaborating with local charities, social enterprises and other social or environmental groups.
October – November 2015
- Initiated conversations with potential partners and collaborators such as Broken Spoke Oxford, Cowley Road charity shops, the Community Action Groups Project, the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), Orinoco scrapstore, Emmaus Oxford charity, community centres and other spaces
- Strengthened our community network – CAG Oxfordshire, CAG Skillshare, Council Recycling, Abundance Oxford
- Purchased our first bike trailer on Gumtree, became a Community Action Group, and commenced our collection and delivery activities
- Started presence on trashnothing.com
- Launched the group at the Restore Cafe on Manzil Way. Special Guest – Ms Rebecca Colley-Jones of Bangor Sustainability Lab and Ynys Resources Ltd.
- First hosted event – Easter Re-Craft Upcycling workshop for families at the Bear and the Bean Cafe
- First Strategic Development open general meeting